PITTSBURGH, PA (June 28, 2017) Today, Mayor William Peduto and City Councilman Dan Gilman announced additional improvements and technology upgrades that the City is implementing for people seeking government permits.
Permits from the city’s Special Events office can now be obtained online, and paid for with credit cards.
The City is also accepting credit cards as payment for all permits issued by the Departments of Public Works (DPW) and Permits Licenses and Inspections (PLI).
The following changes were announced:
- Permits for neighborhood block parties, special events, events on the City-County Building’s portico, and additional permits can be paid for online via the Special Events office.
- Burglar and fire alarm permits can be purchased and filed online at the Finance Department website
- Credit cards are now accepted for all permits issued by DPW at the 611 Second Avenue office and for all permits issued by PLI at its counter at 200 Ross Street.
“We continue to make changes so that City services are more efficient and accessible for all,” Mayor Peduto said.
“Pittsburgh is becoming an internationally recognized hub of technology, and City government is continuing to follow suit. Rather than traveling to Downtown Pittsburgh, residents can now obtain permits online and pay with a credit card from the comfort of their own home,” said Councilman Dan Gilman.
“This announcement advances the City’s commitment to creating a more efficient and tech-savvy government responsive to the needs of residents and businesses.”
Previously, the only accepted payments to the City were by check or money order.
Full lists of the City’s permits and fee schedules are available through links to DPW, PLI and Special Events at http://pittsburghpa.gov. The web pages are still being updated to reflect the acceptance of credit card payments.
Information is available from the resources below:
- PLI Permit Counter: 412-255-2181
- PLI website: http://pittsburghpa.gov/pli/
- DPW permit site: http://pittsburghpa.gov/
- Special Events: http://pittsburghpa.
- Finance Department alarm site: https://www.
cityalarmpermit.com/FAMS/ Citizen/City/Pittsburgh/ATB_ Login.aspx