One Northside is hosting their fourth annual block party today, August 28th from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Buhl Community Park. The block party highlights Allegheny City Central — a vibrant and historic neighborhood in the city’s North Side. Also known as Central Northside, it’s the home of numerous attractions, including the Mexican War Streets, the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Science Center Buhl Planetarium, Mattress Factory, New Hazlett Theater, Randyland, National Aviary, and many more!
Featured events slated include:
- Musical entertainment provided by Working Breed, Two Tall Twins, and Mathew Tembo and the Afro Routes Band
- Food vendors: Vagabond Food Truck and Jim’s Smokin’ Q from Perrytowne Draft House
- Mobile stage from Flyspace Productions
- Hands-on activities with Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse, Carnegie Science Center and the Mattress Factory
- Neighborhood stories being collected by the Saturday Light Brigade
- Screenprinting with AIR: Artists Image Resource
- Games from City of Play
- Storymobile from Reading is FUNdamental giving out free books
- Display of historical photos from Allegheny City Historic Gallery
Also helping to make this block party possible are The New Hazlett Theater, Deutschtown Music Festival, and The Spout Fund.
Come out to the North Side and make a day of it!
One Northside Block Party
When: Today! Sunday, August 28th from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where: Buhl Community Park at Allegheny Square, Pittsburgh, PA 15212