For over 20 years, the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC) has helped low- to moderate-income people get on the path to prosperity. They do this by hosting on-site employer interviews and job fairs, and by offering workforce skills, job readiness training, career counseling, and even job placement. They have recently posted a number of immediate and summer job opportunities.
1) Immediate Openings: Positions at the Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation’s after-school program at Pittsburgh Arsenal and Pittsburgh Woolslair. Up to $15 an hour depending on experience.
2) Immediate Opening: Manage the Neighborhood Learning Alliance Everyone Graduates high school program. Hourly rate of $16 to $20 an hour.
3) Anticipated March Opening: Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center is seeking multiple individuals to assist with recruiting 14 to 21 year-olds for the Pittsburgh Summer Learn and Earn employment program. Positions could lead to full time work throughout the summer. Openings in the West End and East End of Pittsburgh are anticipated.
4) Summer Openings: The Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation is seeking to identify as many as five workers who would operate its Learn and Earn Summer youth employment program.
5) Immediate Opening: Garfield Jubilee Association is seeking a “Youthbuild Education Project Leader”.
6) May Opening: Earthen Vessels Outreach is seeking a Summer Food Program Manager. The hope is to hire someone who would be a long-term hire, but for summers only.
For detailed information on the above positions — including how to apply — please click here to review their .PDF document.