The Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy once again is offering events that bring families outdoors for fall fun. The annual Bump in the Night and Night Explorers events celebrate the life and sounds of the parks at night. They also offer a nice alternative to spooky events commonly found at this time of year which are sometimes hard for little ones to handle.
Bump in the Night in Frick Park is for children ages 3 to 9 (must be accompanied by an adult). Parents and children can enjoy an evening of non-spooky activities that they can do together. Activities include:
- Go on a night hike
- See and learn about nocturnal animals
- Carve a pumpkin to take home
- Take part in a sing-a-long
- Enjoy refreshments and cookies
Bump in the Night takes place on multiple evenings in October and tickets can be purchased here.
Night Explorers is intended for kids ages 10 to 14 who have a sense of adventure (and their adults). Activities occurring in Frick Park include:
- Learning about life in the woods at night through nocturnal animal presentations
- Owl calls
- A community campfire, complete with marshmallows and hot drinks
Night Explorers takes place on Friday, November 13, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Find out more information and purchase tickets here.