U.Lab and the Presencing Institute is offering a free experiential six-week course on Transforming Business, Society, and Self. It’s being conducted worldwide through ed.X which provides interactive online classes and MOOCs from the world’s best universities, colleges and organizations. Locally, AE Works and The Beauty Shoppe are hosting a HUB for this course where you can experience in-person interaction, learning, and coaching.
The course is based on Theory U, “a framework, method, and way of connecting to the more authentic aspects of our self.” You’ll look at why society’s current framework ends up creating results that, individually, none of us would choose to make. You’ll study what thought processes have led to these results and how mindfulness can help us transform business, society, and self into the kind of world we want to see.
The online course is lead by Otto Scharmer, Senior Lecturer at MIT, and founding chair of the Presencing Institute. (You can discover more about him here.)
The course is free and there are no prerequisites. You can spend 5 hours a week over 6 weeks to get the Certificate from MIT–or as much as time as you can give by just “auditing” the course.
The live HUB takes place at The Beauty Shoppe in East Liberty (2nd Floor Conference Room, 6101 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206). Live sessions will be every other Wednesdays from 8 AM to 12:00 PM with the first live session with the HUB on Wednesday, January 14th. There will be snacks, coffee, and tea and all the technology needed to watch the live session. It only takes minutes to sign up online.
To get started:
- Watch the introductory video by Otto Scharmer below.
- Go to the following link to learn more: https://www.presencing.com/ulab/overview
- Register to either enroll in the course or just audit it. If you enroll you get a certificate of completion from MIT. If you audit, you can attend but will not get a certificate.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell him you want to be part of the Pittsburgh HUB to experience the course with others in Pittsburgh.
- Attend the first live session kicking off the course on January 14th.