Rotary is an international organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional, and community leaders. It has over 34,000 clubs worldwide with a commitment to “Service Above Self.” The Rotary Foundation’s Group Study Exchange pairs non-Rotarian team members in different countries to participate in a unique cultural, vocational and civic exchange opportunity. In 2012, the Pittsburgh area and Seoul, South Korea exchange will focus on green building and development. The first part of the exchange began with Rotary District 7300 hosting a team of architects and designers from Korea, and it culminates in a trip to Seoul in May 2012.
The eligibility criteria are:
1) Live in Rotary District 7300 (Allegheny or Beaver Counties)
2) Be between 25 and 40 years of age
3) Be employed in their field for at least two years
4) Not be a Rotary Club member or be an immediate family member of one
5) Be available to travel for the full duration of the Group Study Exchange
6) Have up-to-date travel documents
7) Professional fields of architecture, design, engineering, urban planning, real estate development, or related fields are preferred but not required
Selected participants will receive a travel grant.
The application deadline is November 4, 2011. For applications and more information, please contact: Ron Gaydos, Rotary District 7300 GSE Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about the Rotary Foundation’s GSE Program here and an announcement about the program here. For additional information, go to www.rotary.org and enter “gse brochure” in the search window. You can also find the Seoul-Pittsburgh GSE page on Facebook here.