These 5 bills are the largest reform initiative taken since the adoption of the Home Rule Charter in Pittsburgh. These reform bills will:
- Cap contributions by individuals at $2,000 for Mayoral and City Controller Races, and $1,000 for City Council races
- Mandate the creation of an online, searchable database of all campaign contributions and city contracts
- Ban all no-bid contracts over $30,000
- Create the Lobbyist Disclosure Act, which would require all lobbyists to register annually with the city
- Create the Lobbyist Registration Act, which would require all contract bidders to disclose any payments to lobbyists and consultants
- Strengthen the city’s ethics code to greatly limit gifts to government officials
Thank you to everyone that spoke out for reform and lobbied City Council – we could not have done this without you.