Today I will introduce a package of bills aimed at reforming government in Pittsburgh and ending “pay-to-play” politics. The legislation includes:
- Campaign Finance Reform legislation that sets donation limits per election.
- The creation of an online, searchable database of all campaign contributions and contracts.
- The elimination of no-bid contracts.
- The Lobbyist Registration Act, which will require the annual registration of all lobbyists in Pittsburgh.
- The Lobbyist Disclosure Act, which will require all RFP responses to disclose all finders fees and payments to lobbyists.
For too long, Pittsburgh has operated under a “pay-to-play” system. Today is just the first step to bring transparency, fairness, and financial responsibility to City government.